Tuesday, March 10, 2015

spring prayer





i hope that i will grow to understand, more than I do now, what it means to take care, to be careful, to give care, to be full, all year and especially in the spring, when everything is fragile and sturdy, tentative and determined. I hope that I will be open and ready to watch things reveal themselves for what they might be.


i know that there is a lesson in the push and pull of the tides, in the fall down get up manner of toddlers, in the slow and deliberate movements of someone 60 years older than I am now. maybe the prayer is: may I (may you) quiet the hum enough to be moved by the things we see, may they grow our care, fill us up, help us to better understand all of these natural cycles of loss and gain, of risk and grace.





No comments:

Post a Comment